We supply free fruit and vegetables to children in Fireflies and Butterflies at break times. Older children can bring a healthy snack from home if they wish to.
Special Dietary Requirements
As you already know, their menus adhere to the School Food Standards and they endeavour to cater for all children at school which can include children with special diets.
To ensure they capture all relevant details of a child with a medically diagnosed allergy, intolerance or health condition, with the help of a nutritionist they have created an Allergen Aware Registration Form for parents to complete and send to Norse directly. This form will help speed up menu requests and will enable Norse Catering to liaise directly with parents via email or telephone whilst keeping school staff and, of course, kitchen staff in the loop.
Please see the form (and accompanying policy) below to fill in and send to Norse for any new dietary requirements.
If you have already advised of a special requirement previously, Norse will be in contact with you directly.
free School Dinners
The Government is giving money to schools to help children from lower income families do their very best. This funding is called a ‘Pupil Premium’.
For every child registered St Germans Academy gets between £935 & £1,300 this year, (depending on the age of your child).
Please register now to make sure your child and others in their class don’t miss out.
How does it work?
- First, check if you qualify – it is not just if you are unemployed, so please look at the list below.
- Registering is really quick and easy – if you think you qualify, contact school who will help you to register.
- If you want your child to have a free, healthy meal at lunchtime that’s great – they will get the free meal (saving you more than £350 a year), and the school gets £600 extra.
- If you don’t want your child to have the school meals they can continue as normal – as long as you qualify and are registered, the school still gets £600 extra.
No one will know you have registered and it will not affect any other benefits you are claiming.
Do you qualify?
You can register your child for Free School Meals if you get any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for working Tax Credit
Come and talk to us if you’re not sure.
You can download a copy of the Free School Meals Application Form below.
Dinner Money Calculator
Here is some useful information about school lunches.
Cost of one school lunch = £2.30
Cost of school lunch for one week = £11.50
If you would like to pay in advance for your child’s school lunches, here is a list of costs per half term:
Cost of school lunch for half term 7th September to 23rd October 2020 = £80.50 (35 days)
Cost of school lunch for half term 2nd November to 18th December 2020 = £80.50 (35 days)
Cost of school lunch for half term 5th January to 12th February 2021 = £66.70 (29 days)
Cost of school lunch for half term 22nd February to 26th March 2021 = £57.50 (25 days)
Cost of school lunch for half term 13th April to 28th May 2021 = £75.90 (33 days)
Cost of school lunch for half term 7th June to 21st July 2021 = £75.90 (33 days)
jacket potato menu 2021
packed lunch menu 2021