Our Governing Body
Welcome to the Academy Review Committee (ARC) section of the website. Its aim is to provide information on the role of the ARC and to help you to become more familiar with all the members.
The Academy Review Committee (ARC) at our academies aim to work with the staff in helping all of our children achieve their full potential in a friendly, happy, safe and caring environment.
Some of the things we do:
- Provide support and challenges to the Heads of School and Senior Management Team, drawing on their knowledge and experience.
- Promote the highest possible standards of education and ensure continuous school improvement.
- Monitor the Unity Education Trust (UET) and Academies’ policies and development plans.
- Participate in the appointment of staff.
- Deal with complaints and appeals.
- Fulfill duties placed on the ARC by UET and the Department for Education.
The ARC comprises a range of individuals who offer a wide variety of skills gained as a parent, in their working life or in the community.
To deliver this effectively the ARC members are representative of all the key groups involved in our schools – the Parents, the Staff and the Community. Some are appointed and some are elected. All serve for a term of four years.
The ARC are involved in the full life of the academies and this enables us to implement the shared vision to provide the best.
We are always keen to hear your views and if you wish to discuss anything with the ARC members then please contact any academy office I hope that this page will help you to understand better what we do, who we are and why we are serving as ARC members.
To contact the Chair the ARC or other governors, please contact any of the academies’ offices.